- 20-Feb-2017 to 21-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Recreation -Dept #533
- Edinburg, TX, USA
- Part Time
Part Time Seasonal
Requires a working knowledge of life guarding procedures. The individual has no supervisory responsibilities except for patrons. Other responsibilities include teaching swimming lessons, enforcing safety policies, and maintaining pool facilities. Flexible work hours.
Pool maintenance and safety equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Individual works outdoors to oversee programs, occasionally indoors for program registration. The job has significant hazards from working outdoors and physical demands are moderate to high.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED.
1. Teach swimming lessons daily to all ages.
2. Lifeguard public swimming sessions.
3. Clean and sanitize bathrooms and pool facilities daily.
4. Maintain good public relations through aquatic services and facilities.
5. Prevent accidents in the water and on the decks.
6. Rescue and emergency care of accident victims.
7. Know all rules and regulations as defined in Pool Operations.
8. Courteous and diligent enforcement of all rules and regulations.
9. Scrutinize interior of pool and exterior pool area for potential hazards and initiate removal of such hazards.
10. Assist in clean-up and maintenance of pool area.
11. Attend all scheduled in-service training.
12. Collect pool admission fees and supervise wading pools when not collecting fees.
13. Assist Pool Manager in completing daily cash reports.
14. Perform other appropriate duties as required.
15. Duties involve continuous bending, lifting, digging, sitting, standing, carrying, or walking; continuous working in awkward positions and/or using force equal to lifting, tilting and pushing over 100 pounds.
EDUCATION/ SKILLS REQUIRED
A minimum of 16 years of age and first time as a lifeguard for the City. Requires a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Water Safety Assistant Certificate, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. Other specialized job requirements include good public relations and able to communicate with the public; good physical condition and good uncorrected vision and normal hearing; excellent swimming skills and able to pass swimming test related to facility and responsibility; bondable.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual English/Spanish and previous work related experience (i.e. cashier, swimming); valid TXDL (Class C).