- 13-Apr-2017 to 28-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Boys and Girls Club -Dept #534
- Edinburg, TX, USA
- Part Time
None-Part Time Position
Requires a knowledge of Boys & Girls Club programs. The individual oversees volunteer staff members as they relate to after school programs. Must have flexible hours to be able to work on weekends and afternoons as assigned. Other responsibilities include maintaining safety of members, public and staff, maintaining a high profile in the community, and soliciting sponsors for programs.
Computer and general office equipment and program equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Individual works indoors in a well-lighted, air-conditioned buildings as well as outdoors to implement and oversee programs. The job has minimum hazards associated with lifting equipment. Physical demands are moderate. Perform physical and manual work such as lifting, bending, stooping, and walking on uneven surfaces, on a daily basis. Requires lifting items 20-50 pounds in weight periodically (trash cans, tables, recreation equipment, misc. equip). Must assist in lifting 100-1,000 lbs. occasionally (bleachers, games room equipment, tables, p.a. system, volleyball poles, etc.). May be required to assist in waxing and buffing floors and will work with power tools and manual tools such as (ex. drill, saws, weed eaters, sewing machines, lawn mowers, buffers, cleaning equipment, etc.) on a daily.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
1. Maintain a clean facility in all core program areas to establish a program setting that insures the health and safety of members.
2. Contribute to the creation of the overall club's climate for youth development.
3. Plan & implement programs and activities consistent with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV mission, core beliefs and vision statement.
4. Provide guidance services, support and acts as a mentor to at risk youth/teens.
5. Manage necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
6. Solicit sponsors for programs and special events.
7. Administrative duties: cash reports, monthly reports, outcome measures, rosters, attendance reports, lesson plans, pre and post testing, program evaluation, etc.
8. Maintain safety for public and staff. Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
9. Cooperate with other divisions to promote city and city-sponsored events.
10. Assist in special event coordination to include youth/teen participation in planning and implementation of special events through leadership program.
11. Promote and publicize programs to club members, parents, and community daily.
12. Plan and Coordinate activities with supervisor and co-workers in timely manner.
13. Work with schools to provide outreach services as assigned.
14. Recruit members 6-17 years of age.
15. Attend staff meetings, in-services, and training workshops
16. Cooperate and coordinate activities with other staff.
17. Work with school extension units, main unit, and other locations to implement program.
18. Perform other appropriate duties as required.
A high school graduation or equivalent is required. Prefers a minimum of one year university study. Must have own transportation. Requires working knowledge of youth programs and general maintenance. Requires working telephone at residence at all times. Must be able to work under pressure. Other specialized job requirements include being able to understand and follow directions both written and oral, must be in good physical condition. Must have good pubic relations ability. Sensitive to the needs of youth/teens. Prefer bilingual English/Spanish. Required Class C Drivers License and must have a satisfactory Class C Drivers License Record. No DWI's or more than two moving violations within the last three years. Prefer Class B Drivers License with Passenger Endorsement with satisfactory driving record with no more than two moving violations within the last three years, No DWI's.